Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Exquisite Corpse drawing/work-in-progress NY painting

For the new york drawing I got, it was a kind of hard to get out what was drawn but the person who drew it made notes on the drawing. Even though it was shirt and simple, it told the story of what was going on. "Spears of flames are falling from the orb into the ground and the place is on fire". So then I realized it was a disaster going on, that's why there was slot of red. The other quote read, "this is garden with a big rock, flowers and a happy sun". So I got out of it that it was terror coming to a peaceful place. Like what happened during 9/11. I know a child drew this so it was kind of sad to me to know that a young child though of it this way. I wouldn't want any child to have to live through that, so I decided not to change the painting too much. I wanted it to be what the little artist saw when he/she drew it. I am not much of a painter so I drew it out on the canvas first. I decided to make the terror the most part of the painting because that day no one saw the hood in it and if so it was very little. That's why there's only a small section of the happy place. Which is the flowers and the rock; I didn't make the sun happy. I didn't think a sun would be happy to look down at the world and see all of this. I let the flower shoot off happiness though with the cloud around it being it normal blue color but the top of the sky is a more grayish-blue to make it look dark and horrible. The fire balls are falling and the clouds are on fire and you can see the sun's fire from a far. Building knocked down, not much is good in this city. That was the feeling to me.











No comments:

Post a Comment