Monday, November 14, 2011

Willem de Kooning@MoMA

When I went to the de Kooning exhibit I went with my Art in NY class. I'm not an abtract fan but I went with an open mind. My teacher suggested I get the audio phone thing. So at first I was only going to the photos that had the audio sign on it. I wasn't interested in anything. Everything looked like a mess but everyone around thought it was amazing, but I don't know why. There where a few things I liked, like the "Summer Couch" painting. I just thought the colors reminded me of what it was suppose to and after the audio told me what it was I could see it. His scultpures where cool too. He has some other work I think it was something with high heels, it was the most confusing thing I've ever seen. I didn't like the exhibit but I gave it a chance. I guess it would help me if I did more abstract work.

No comments:

Post a Comment